EVAN M. LOPEZ: Hellboy!

Hellboy!

I present my piece for the 20th Anniversary Hellboy show, at Hero Complex Gallery, Los Angeles. I call it "Anung-Un-Rama". for  obvious reasons (obvious if you know Hellboy. If you don't, check here). What was great about the show is Mike Mignola, the creator of Hellboy, popped in and also showed a piece with the rest of us contributing artists! Thats fairly bitchin'. 

Like all my work, this started as a fairly basic sketch. Ill call them "Blecch Sketches", as in the written vomit sound. Actually, these sketches are much like vomit, as in I have to get them out before things get worse and I lose the idea. I tend to get a little panicky about this possibility. Thus rushed, frantic sketches. 

(update)
I was sent this photo of THE CREATOR OF HELLBOY HANGIN' OUT WITH MY PIECE!...and sure, some others.




No comments: