EVAN M. LOPEZ: "Wes Anderson" Show, 2012

"Wes Anderson" Show, 2012



It's a joy to be able to show at galleries. Its a distinct joy have work at a galleries FIRST show. I was recently asked to contribute at Gallery 27, a new chicago gallery in the artistic Halsted area. Apparently the owner caught some of my work at Gallery 1988. What really sold me, was that Gallery 27's first show was Wes Anderson-themed (whose work I prize as favorites). After that, it was no question that I would send a "Life Aquatic" piece. So I present "This is an Adventure". Aptly, the show is called "Futura" (click for the poster).

This is an early sketch for an idea I passed on. Frankly, Im very happy with my completed piece. For the first time in a while, worked solely in acrylic (with some colored pencil peppered throughout).  I want to thank Gallery 27 for an opportunity to have my FIRST show in Chicago!

No comments: