EVAN M. LOPEZ: Oh Crap...

Oh Crap...

The damnable thing about a job like mine, is that once you get used to something you like, someone may leave and then that good thing is yanked away. For a while now, I have had a weekly illustrated column in the Naked City section of the Citypaper. Being able to create for a news section meant that every week was a different idea and thus a different challenge trying to interpret the writers words. Not only that, the short deadline (one night) meant that each illustration was more of an interesting exercise.

Now the editor of this section has left and I have yet to hear if the new editor wishes to keep me on board for more illustrated craziness. I certainly hope so. In any case, Im really proud of the work I have done for this section. Here are my most recent three. If you wish to see more, just click the illustration link at the top of this page.


"Theres a funk in Chinatown. The City wont do anything about it"


"Carl Greene is keeping his cash, and his sexual harassment lawsuits"


"Michael Nutter is trying to make nice for threatening to tak blogger"

No comments: