EVAN M. LOPEZ: New Clog

New Clog


The papers chief blog is called the clog. Since the beginning, I had designed/illustrated the logos for this feature, and the most current incarnation is no exception. Actually, the first real professional illustration I did was the first Clog "Mouth" (seen below) which spitballed this whole ball of wax known as the illustration side of my career.

Recently, the powers that be felt that the logo had become a bit dated, and wanted some that represented the more hard-nosed journalistic style of the current blog. Mixing layers of old articles/photos and crumpled yellow paper, I cranked out this thing. To finish it off, I threw together a simple, pull out logo of a reporters hat. This together managed to convey the feeling of the classic journalist era of the early 20 century 40's- 60's.

No comments: