EVAN M. LOPEZ: Ahh,crap!

Ahh,crap!

So, due to its popularity among the writers I have been working with, I have continued on with a certain style to my most recent illustrations. Im not certain what has influenced me to first try it out, but I can best describe it as "ugly cartoon". Example:





This is a recent illustration about Beanie Siegel. In case you don't know him, he is a philadelphia-born rapper who likes yo drink cough syrup after he takes his percocets. In any case, its a bit of a mustardy (?) feeling, crumpled mess. I like it (maybe) and it goes over well with the client. But I think Im done with it. I believe I will try, at least, to move a little closer to the quality I think I get in my more personal work, while retaining some of the comedy. Which, in these news stories, is usually needed.

No comments: